Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Dear Reflux, Who Invited You Back?

Yes, I am annoyed to report that the reflux has decided to show up again. It is just as bad and messy as it ever was. I'm back to having a throw-up-smelling baby and soaked burp rags. My hair, my clothes, and my comforter have all suffered from this as well. It's not an occassional spit up episode either. It's constant spitting up that is ALSO mixed with large volumes or throwing up in between.

I don't get this! Now I don't know if the 2 week break we had from reflux just coincidentally happened to be when we started feeding Brooke her rice cereal. This is so frustrating to me! I also have noticed that now that the reflux has returned, Brooke is again refusing to nurse at times. She stiffens up and arches her back when I try to feed her. I'm wondering if the relux really hurts her throat or if she's just expecting to throw up when she eats so it's making her nervous. Just when I thought we were in the clear, all of these questions arise! I suppose that that's life, though.

I packed up all of Brooke's newborn and 0-3 month outfits and sleepers yesterday. It was so sad to sift through all of her tiny clothes because I have such precious memories of my new baby wearing them. It is so odd to think that the next time I look through them will be if and when I have another little girl. I was feeling really nostalgic about all of that and then a few hours later my sister-in-law sent my husband a bunch of pictures of Brooke that were taken right after she was born. I started to cry as I thought about how big she has gotten so quickly. I think I say this so often, but I want to slow down and enjoy every single moment that I can with Brooke. Her life is flying by so rapidly.

Well, speaking of Brooke, she just woke up from her nap. I'm going to go play with her and love on her as much as I possibly can:-) Then it's time to make dinner.. Ugh!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm sorry Brooke's reflux seems to be back. Hopefully it'll clear up soon!

And yes, it's the saddest thing to put small clothes away. It must be done, however, and you'll find new clothes to replace your old favorites!