Saturday, July 21, 2007

Movie Night

Last night John and I met up with Andy and Tristyn and the movies. A new movie came out that we had all been dying to see, so we decided to leave Brooke with John's parents and go.

For some reason I was really nervous about leaving Brooke last night. I honestly just missed her and wanted to be with her. You wouldn't think that I could possibly miss somebody who I spend virutally every waking moment with, but yes, it's possible! I left her grandparents with her cereal feeding, 2.5 ounces of freshly pumped milk, and 4 2 ounce bags of frozen milk. I wasn't sure if she would get hungry and want a bottle and because we exclusively breastfeed, I had no clue how many ounces a feeding would. We left her at 6:15 with a full belly. They fed her her cereal at 8. That held her over until about 9:30, when they put her to sleep with her bottle. Luckily she only took the 2.5 ounce bottle, so my frozen supply is still in tact! I was so relieved that she drank from the bottle with no problem. I tried an Avert bottle once and she refused, but she doesn't seem to have any problems with the Soothie.

About the movie... It was the theater's grand opening so we each got a FREE 32 ounce drink and a small popcorn. You can't beat that! It cost us 20 stinking bucks to get in, though. I think that's insane! We saw "Chuck and Larry," the new Kevin James/ Adam Sandler movie. Kevin James is my favorite. I'm obssessed with his show, "King of Queens." The man is hilarious! Anyways, the movie was really funny. Some parts were a bit too much for me, but overall, it was enjoyable.

John just left for work:-( He has to work from 3 this afternoon until 11 tonight. Then he has to be back in by 7 tomorrow morning. It will be a long night for me. Thankfully, John's sister, Sarah, is coming over after a bit for a girl's night.

I hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I know I'm jealous! Why don't we ever go to the movies together?

I'm glad Brooke took the bottle!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

We had such a fun night!! It sounds like Brooke had a good time too!! That's so nice that she took the bottle...we will have to make plans again!