Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Day Filled with Random Fun Things

I had such a nice today! I woke up around 7:30 because I was going to run an errand with my dad. He didn't end up being ready until about 9:30, but it ended up working out great. I put Brooke back to sleep and I got a bunch of work done around the house. If felt absolutely wonderful to have that alone time to get things done!

Alison and Nathan came over at around 8:30. I made them french toast and I cut up some fresh cherries for Nathan bug. It was so much fun having them over. When John was working nights and slept all day we had the habit of always going over to Ali's. It's nice to be able to return the favor!

After we got Brooke up we went to our intern pastor's apartment with my dad. He got married last Saturday so the people in our church bought them groceries. We went and dropped them off so when he and his wife get back from their honeymoon they'll have a surprise. Of course, I, reminiscant Jillian, was thinking about how it felt to come into our home after we had gotten married. There's something special about that first day and night in your home as a married couple. It's almost feels like life is just starting.

Anyways, after the babies napped and ate, we went to my parent's pool with Amanda. She was a great help with the babies. Alison and I put her to work, for sure!

John and I made these awesome grilled pork chops for dinner. Then we went to see Andy, Tristyn and Hudson. We all went for a walk and to the ice cream store. It was a lot of fun!

John has the next two days off. I can't wait! I love being able to spend time with him.

Miss Brooke is a bit fussy so I'm going to go try to figure out what's bothering her. I think we have a sleepy little girl on our hands!

2 comments:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

We had so much fun as well!! We are definitely going to have to go get some mexican food for lunch one of these days!! Maybe some wed thurs or friday that john is working and I have off!! Sounds like a plan! :0)

rccalyn said...

Glad I could help you guys a bit. I had such a miserable horrible start with it all, that I feel like it's a miracle we're still nursing! It's so worth all the effort! Sounds like you guys had a rough start too though. But we both made it! :-)