Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Rain + July 4Th = NOT Fun

My day started at a very, very wet parade. John worked today but because it's his family's tradition to go to the town's parade, I decided that I would go even though he couldn't. I have always heard the phrase "You're raining on my parade." However, that saying took on true meaning today as I sat in a parade that was getting heavily rained on. It was such torrential rain that it seeped through my nursing smock and Brooke's blanket. I ended up taking Brooke into the car because I was sick of getting soaked and I didn't want her to get wet too. The worst part was that there was no way out of the town due to the parade, so I had to sit in my car alone with a fussing baby for a good 30 minutes. Not a fun way to start the day!

The rain continued to be a nuisance at my parent's picnic today. My parents invited the whole church over and of course the rain caused everyone to have to be crammed into their house. There were 43 of us and while I love my church family, I don't love being in such close quarters with all of them! It was crazy!

After we spent some time at my parents, we went to John's aunt and uncle's house. Once again, the picnic was rained out, so we just sat inside and talked and played card games. It was lots of fun because it wasn't too crowded.

As much as I LOVE rain, I must admit that today would have been much more fun if the rain had not decided to show up. Oh well.. We made the best out of it!

My stomach is upset now so I'm going to go lay down. Maybe too much picnic food for me today?

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday:-)

No comments: