Friday, July 6, 2007

Date #2.. Not So Successful

Today was one of John's day off. We really had a wonderful day together! First we went to go see a house that was for sale. We didn't like it at all, but it was still fun to look. After we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Wendy's, we went strawberry picking and got a HUGE container of fresh berries for only $1.05! They were the sweetest, most juicy strawberries I have ever had.

Tonight John and I thought we would be brave and go to the movie theater. We haven't been in ages because the seats at the movies used to kill my back when I was pregnant and we haven't gone since Brooke was born. My parents so graciously offered to watch her for us. Last week was such a success, so I thought that today wouldn't be any different. My dad was so funny because I called him and asked him how Brooke was and one time he said that she was hunting and another time he said that they built a pool while I was away and she was swimming in it by herself. I just love that silly man!

Anyways, my mom eventually text messaged me and said that Brooke was very unhappy. Luckily the movie ended only minutes after that. However, I felt like such an AWFUL mother leaving Brooke, only to be so upset and hungry towards the end. My parents swear that she had a great time and didn't cry until the very end, but still, I hate to see my princess sad... Especially when it's something that I could have prevented.

I'm off to get some rest with my husband:-)

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Ohh...poor Brooke!! I can imagine how you felt but remember it is good for her and for you to get some time together...she survived :0) I bet you drove 90 mph to get back to her! I would have! lol.