Friday, July 27, 2007

Bawling Beauty

I do not know what's wrong with my little girl! She is usually so happy and content to do just about anything. She is also extremely laid back and usually VERY calm. However, last night she started to scream uncontrollably at church. I took her home early thinking that she was just hot and sick of constantly being there. When we got home, she screamed for another hour before settling down.

This morning I woke up to her laughing and giggling so I just assumed that yesterday was an off day. I was unfortunately WRONG. She screamed from 11:30 until about 2:20. In that time period she stopped crying for small intervals and she took one 20 minute nap. She finally fell asleep on the way home from running some errands and thankfully she is still sleeping now. When she was screaming, I tried EVERYTHING to get her to stop. I tried nursing her and she refused. I tried singing all of our songs to her and bouncing her up and down. Nothing would settle her down. The only thing that eventually calmed her was the car ride home.

I don't know what could possibly be wrong with her. We were just at the doctor last week and he said that her ears looked good and that he doesn't see any teeth coming in. So I'm pretty much able to rule those out as the culprit. The only thing that I can think of is that a little boy in our church has been sick as well as my sister's nephew, who was at Nathan's birthday party a couple of days ago. Those little boys had fevers though and Brooke doesn't. My mom had an upset stomach yesterday, followed by a nasty headache, so I'm also questioning if that's what could be bothering Brooke. If she wakes up extremely upset like she was before I'm going to try some Tylenol to potentially rule out her being in pain. The guessing games of a mother! I tell ya...

Tonight is the last night of VBS. Thankfully we're just having pizza so I don't have to get to the church too terribly early. I do have a lot of cleaning up to do in the kitchen though.. like mopping the floors and cleaning out the refrigerator. If Brooke wakes up as upset as she was earlier, I might have to call and say that I can't make it. I do NOT want to put the church before her needs. As important as the church is, Brooke's well-being is more important than serving pizza.

So I'm a bit stressed now. I have such a long night ahead of me with church and all. I'm going to go try to get a few minutes of relaxation in. Wouldn't you know it.. There goes Brooke SCREAMING. Gotta run!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Aww!! Poor baby! It's so hard when they can't tell you what's wrong...I feel for you! Luckily breast fed babies can fight off sickness really well so I wouldn't worry too much, she will be ok! :0)