Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An Odd Kind of Day

Today was a very weird day for us! First of all, I woke up and called John at work and he said that he would be coming home at 11. He has so many vacation days, personal days, and comp time that hasn't been touched so he figured he would take a half-day today. There were a bunch of other deputies on so his sergeant didn't care if he took half of the day off.

It was nice having John home unexpectedly! I made him some lunch and then he played with Brooke for a little bit while I worked around the house. He was a huge help!

Around 1 o'clock, John wanted to take small nap. While he slept, I worked on putting Brooke to sleep. Much to my complete shock I put her in her crib and she slept there for an hour and a half! I was proud of myself! When I first put her down, she woke completely up and started screaming. I just kept pushing her head back down and rubbing her head, and after only a few minutes, she fell right asleep. I felt so accomplished! I had no idea how to spend that hour and half because I'm so used to her not napping away from me. It was very nice and enjoyable to have that free time.

When Brooke finally woke up, we took her swimming at the pool in my parent's neighborhood. My dad went with us and of course he and Brooke had a blast together as they splashed around in the water.

John had to be at court at 7:30, so right now it's just Brooke and me. I feel so bad because he really didn't feel like going, but it's not like he had a choice. I'm extremely bored and miss John so much. Hopefully it won't be too late of a night for him.

I think I'm going to got try to find a good movie on TV or something. Let's hope I find some source of entertainment!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

That's great that she slept an hour and a half!!! I know its tough getting them to sleep on their own but once you get past this stage it will be wonderful! If ever you need encouragement please call me!