Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Erasing" My House

I must confess that VBS last week kind of took a toll on my house. Sure, my house was tidy and the laundry was done, but my floors hadn't been mopped or vaccumed in a week and my bathtub hadn't been scrubbed down either. I really wanted to do a nice deep clean of my house to get us into the new week with a spotless place to rest.

I put Brooke down for a nap after church today and she slept for almost 2 hours. It was the perfect opportunity for me to get caught up. I got out my "Magic Eraser" and I cleaned every imaginable surface with it. That thing is AMAZING! I knew that it was a fabulous product, but when I started cleaning my doors with it and my window sills, I got REALLY excited. I also had the chance to scrub down the refrigerator, which was exceptionally rewarding, if I do say so myself. My microwave also got the works done, too. I feel SO happy now that everything is looking and smelling pretty. I don't know about you, but I get my kicks out of that!

I am so happy because John has the next 2 days off:-) I can't wait to relax with him and just enjoy a nice, slow couple of days with him. VBS has also wiped out my food supply because I've been too busy to grocery shop, so we'll need to throw a big shopping trip in there somewhere. Ugh... I despise grocery shopping. It's my nemmesis, for sure.

Well, my baby's bathed and my house is spick and span, so I think I'm going to go relax and get ready to watch a movie with John.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Want to come clean my place? After the busyness of VBS and the chaos of having company, my house sure needs a good scrubbing!

I'm glad you got your week off to a great start :) Have a fun 2 days with your husband!

I love you lots :)

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Ditto!!! You can come over here too! lol...you're a crazy girl!