Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Doodle Bug is ONE!

Yesterday was my nephew Nathan's first birthday. I have to confess that I was a bit taken back by the fact that he is already a year old. Yes, I will admit that I cried. I didn't cry sad tears, but I cried tears of joy, love, and happiness over how much I love that little boy. I also can't help but to think back on how amazing it was the first time I held him. He was so tiny and perfect and I was overwhelmed with so much love for him. To this day, I feel those same feelings for him, but much more intense.

Nathan is almost 7 months older than Brooke so I really feel like I "cut my teeth" on learning to take care of babies through taking care of him. For those first 7 months of his life, I was my sister's right hand man. I lugged all of her stuff around for her, I would put Nathan down for his naps while she did some work, and most importantly, I really devoloped a special relationship with him. I was there for so many momentous milestones in his little life.

Ever since Brooke has been born, my priorities have obviously changed. He's still SO important to me and I love him like my own, but I don't have as much time to spend one on one with him. I spend lots of time with him, but now it's shared with Brooke. We do have stolen alone moments together and I love and cherish them because they seem so rare. Nathan is so special to me and he will always haves a very, very important place in my life and mostly in my heart. I truly look forward to the many fun times ahead as he grows.

In other birthday news.. Today is my daddy's birthday. Happy Birthday Pops! I love you. You're my buddy:-)

VBS is still going strong. Last night I made homemade macaroni and cheese. Tonight we're having hot dogs. Yucky! The kids like them though and they're easy, so it's all good.

I'm off to play with my precious little girl, who is rolling around the room. Lol!

No comments: