Friday, July 13, 2007

A Family Shopping Trip

Today was John's day off so we went to the outlet malls. It was such a blast! The malls are about 45 minutes to an hour from John's parents house so we stopped by their house to feed Brooke and off we went. Once she fell asleep in the car, it was smooth sailing. The ride up to the malls is a BEAUTIFUL country drive. There really aren't any good radio stations so John and I just talked and laughed the whole time. It was awesome!

I saw countless deals on clothes for both Brooke and Nathan today, however, they were all summer clothes that neither kid would get much wear out of. Children's Place, Osh Kosh, and Carters all had amazing deals, yet I opted not to get anything because I'm sick of putting clothes away with tags on them. I have to draw the line somewhere! Both babies really need Fall clothes and there wasn't really much to offer in that area.

After all of that shopping, all I made was two purchases. I bought Brooke a beautiful dress from Gymboree for the Fall. It was originally 24 bucks and I got it for 10! It's dark jean with lady bugs on it and then it has an adorable red ruffle with little white polka dots. I can't wait for the fall so she can wear it! The only other thing I bought was a pair of jeans for me from the Gap. They were originally 40 dollars and I got them for 12! I was so proud! I have the habit of buying my clothes too big because I think I'm fat, but John made me get the size I needed. They're 2 sizes smaller than I like to buy and they actually fit great. I don't have to pull them up every 2 seconds!!

On the way home, John took me out in the country and we looked at all of the Amish people. I'm just fascinated by them for some odd reason! Brooke slept the whole way home because she was well fed before we left the outlets. Once again, John and I really enjoyed the ride together. It almost seemed like it was just the 2 of us.

After going home, we ended up meeting John's parents for dinner at Chili's. We had a very nice time and it was a great ending to such a perfect day!

In other news, Brooke slept in her crib last night from 11-2:30. I was SO happy! I put her to sleep in my arms around 10. John and I were watching a movie so I held onto her for awhile. It was such a breath of fresh air to have her stay sleeping when I put her down. I definitely needed that!

Thanks again for your sweet, encouraging comments on our sleep issues. I am so fortunate to have so many people to ask my "mom" questions to!

No comments: