Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Long, Hot Week Begins

So tonight was the Vacation Bible School kickoff party at church. Our church has been doing VBS since forever, it seems. We always do it in July, when it seems to be the hottest week of the year. I have been in charge of doing the food every year since I was 12. This year, when I was asked to do it, I agreed. I refuse to be one of those people that does nothing just because I have a baby. Anyways, it should be a crazy, hot week and very hecktic with Brooke to juggle, but I think it will be fine. I have lots of help and lots of family at the church, so they should all come in handy. John's teaching the 5th and 6th grade class so he'll be busy for most of the night. Needless to say, it will be a long, exhausting week.

Tomorrow I have to go to Sam's and get all of the million supplies the church will be needing for the long week ahead. I love doing the church's shopping because I LOVE going to Sam's Club. I'm not sure why, but I just like it there. I get a nice big soda and look around at all of the fun stuff. Man, the things a stay-at-home-mom will do for entertainment! LoL! I also like to do the church's shopping because I just put it on my church credit card. Basically I get to shop and spend money that's not even mine. Fun times!

Anyways, Brooke is hungry and her daddy can't help her there so I'm going to go rescue John.

No comments: