Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday? A day of REST?

My day started at 7 this morning.. which is about 3 hours earlier than we usually get up. I had to wake Brooke up to get her to church on time, and she was NOT happy with me for doing so. She was so tired that I thought she would nap well today, however, she only took about a 30 minute nap at church. We had a bridal shower after the normal service today, so we didn't get home until about 2. She fell asleep in the car on the ride home and took about another half hour nap. Just as I thought I could relax, she woke up, not wanting to eat or sleep, but to play. I still can't believe she didn't take a 2 hour afternoon nap like usual. Babies keep you guessing, for sure!

Anyways, we had to be back at church at 5 for a church council meeting. My sister-in-law (John's sister) Sarah came to church and watched Brooke for me so I could go to my meeting. She managed to put her to sleep for an hour. GO SARAH!! She's great with her and I'm so lucky that I had a little break tonight.

After church, we went to my parent's house and used their neighborhood pool. The water was AMAZING. It was so warm without being too warm. My sister wasn't feeling well, so my mom, Sarah, John, and I brought Nathan to the pool with us and we all shared in the responsibilities of taking care of the little guy. He was SO cute in the pool. I love him like my own, so spending time alone with him is always special to me. We had a great time, but he and Brooke both were a little sleepy so they just kind of took it in today and didn't say much.

When we got back to my parent's house, I sat in their tub with my suit on and I gave both babies a bath. I held Brooke while playing with Nathan. Luckily Sarah helped me do most of Nathan's washing.

Once our bath time adventure was concluded, we all ate pizza and relaxed together for a bit. Our crazy, non-restful day definitely turned into a wonderful, fun night. I'm so fortunate to have so many people to share my life with! :-)

I think I'm going to go call it a night now. My laundry's all done and my house is spotless, so I'm one happy girl right about now.

No comments: