Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things, Facts, Habits, or Goals About Me:

I stole this from Facebook. Enjoy!

1. I met my husband when I was fifteen but we didn't start dating until I was a senior in high school. We've been together ever since and he is perfect for me!

2. My husband is a cop and while that's an admirable calling (and he looks amazing in his uniform, might I add!), it scares me to death. I worry so much about him at work.

3. I love to play the piano and have pretty much been playing for my entire life! I've been my church's pianist since I was 11 and I still continue to play and sing in our worship team.

4. Despite Brooke's delivery ending in a C-Section, I labored med- free for 15 hours (pushing for almost 3 of those hours). I have to have futue babies via C-Section and I HATE THAT.

5. I think that breastfeeding is the best thing ever. I nursed Brooke for 22 months and it was a wonderful experience!

6. I love all of the things that come with being a wife and stay-at-home-mom: Cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc... Some would say that I'm a cleaning freak but I don't think that there is such a thing:-)

7. I absolutely cannot sleep in an un-made bed. I make my bed after getting up almost everyday and on the rare days that I don't, I have to make it right before I climb into it. Maybe that's a little weird??

8. I speak and write in Japanese. At one point I was pretty close to fluent but now that I haven't used it much lately, I'm forgetting much of what I once knew.

9. John and I went on a Carribean cruise for our honeymoon and it was perfect! We stopped in Key West on the cruise and fell in love with it but we haven't had the chance to go back.

10. I cook dinner for sometimes up to 100 people every Wednesday night at church. I've been doing this for years and years and I love it!

11. I went to college for all of two semesters and hated every second of it. It was so NOT for me and that's okay!

12. I'm horrible at coloring, drawing, sketching, etc... I honestly failed art class in middle school. How do you FAIL art class??? It's beyond me...

13. I love to act and be on stage but I haven't had an opportunity to do so since high school. Life is just too busy now....

14. I love my niece, Jenna, and nephew, Nathan, like they were my own babies. I can't wait to have more and more kiddos in my family to love:-)

15. I cried when Barak Obama was elected.

16. I used to be a HUGE Yankee fanatic but after seeing so much about their personal lives I got too discouraged to even watch. Most of them are players, adulterers, steroid-users, etc.... :-(

17. I love being a mommy to a little girl (soon TWO little girls!!!). I love the bows, tights, accessories, and matching shoes that little girls "require." I can't wait to match my two daughters!

18. If I had the time (HA) and the smarts to go through nursing school, I would really love to get my nursing degree to be a labor and delivery nurse for after my kids are grown. I don't think I could ever get through school though.

19. I love Jesus and serving Him gives me great joy! I have learned that there's no peace apart from Him and being in His will.

20. I can't wait to be a "soccer mom!" I seriously want to be one of those room mothers at school or that mom who's always picking kids up or bringing snacks for everyone. I'm really looking forward to having school-aged children.

21. I want my house to be a haven for people who are in need of a friend, food, love, etc... God blessed us with this big house and it only seems appropriate to use it for His glory.

22. I was a vegetarian for 11 years but when I became pregnant with Brooke I HAD to have meat. For a while there I was a "closet-meat-eater" and I didn't tell anyone that I was into meat again until I just couldn't stand it!

23. I'm a text messaging fiend. I can close my eyes and text message with no problem. Pretty sad, huh?

24. I find sweeping and vacuuming to be extremely relaxing. Don't judge me! Lol

25. I love rain and thunderstorms. Gloomy days are my favorite thing ever!

No comments: