Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A NORMAL Schedule!

After having the past two days off, John started his new position today! We were struck with a really bad ice storm, leaving Brooke and me housebound, but I have to say, it's so nice having John at work now and knowing that he'll be home tonight for dinner! I can definitely deal with being at home MUCH better now. I'm used to him working the night shift and not being able to accomplish things like putting laundry away in our room or vacuuming, but today I can do whatever I want! I can DEFINITELY get used to this schedule!

Brooke dumped oatmeal all over herself this morning and it was in her hair. Yuck! We started our day with a nice bath (that's usually how we end the day) and we have been playing with blocks and books. I've accomplished some housework like laundry and dishes, which is always good! I think during Brooke's nap I'm going to mop the floors and clean the bathroom. When she wakes up I'm hoping to making John some oatmeal raisin cookie (his favorite) so he'll have a nice treat when he gets home. He won't be getting home until 6, which seems like an eternity from now, but if I keep myself busy he should be here before we know it!

The past few days have been pretty uneventful. Monday we took Brooke to Chuck E. Cheese and she honestly could have cared less that she was there! I felt so sad because I wanted to do something special for her. She basically just walked around and had little interest in the rides. We have 85 tokens left so I sure hope she likes it the next time we go! Yesterday we took her to Barnes and Noble, which was more her speed, and of course she was in heaven! We stayed there for quite some time and had a really nice day as a family.

Brooke's favorite word lately has been "actually." She was helping me with laundry today... which means putting on all of my clothes while I try to clean up... and she said, "These are actually mommy's clothes." Lol! She just cracks me up! Lately EVERY sentence has had "actually" in it. She is just getting TOO big and I hardly see her as a baby anymore.

Well, that's about all that's new and exciting in our house. Life has been pretty routine lately but amazing:-)

No comments: