Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Writer's Block

Lately I have had no inspiration for things to write about on my blog. Weird, I know! It has always been therapeutic for me to blog and I've never had a shortage of things on my mind, but over the last couple of days I have been drawing a blank when I sit down at the computer. Perhaps a blogging hiatus would do me good? Nah... I'll come out of my slump eventually, I'm sure! Lol

I think a big part of my blogging "struggles" are because now that John's on this new schedule, I have NO time for myself anymore... Which don't get me wrong, is amazing! I used to have 8-11:30 at night to do nothing but kill time around the house. Now that John has a normal schedule, the only time I have go myself is Brooke's nap, which is about 1.5 hours- sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. I use that time to do housework and laundry which leaves me virtually no time to do anything for me. I feel like I'm so busy all of the time!

Another contributing factor to my so-called writer's block is that life has been really routine lately. I usually feel like this in the winter.... Just kind of BLAH. I'm not depressed and I'm totally happy with life, but things just get kind of slow and uneventful. We spend a lot of time at home, which is great, but in the warmer months it seems like we're always at the park or at a picnic or something. That's just a little bit more exciting to write about that sitting around the house, if you ask me!

Brooke has been a total sweetheart lately. Granted, she has her moments where she's a total spaz, but overall, she's a great kid. She'll come up to me and kiss me or put her arms around me in the middle of nowhere and that makes me feel so warm inside! She's really a blast! She's getting so big and she looks like such a little girl now... Where did my baby go??!??!?!?! Her new funny thing is to whisper. I'll ask her, "Do you want a snack?" She'll then whisper as quietly as she possibly can, "Want a snack." She doesn't even think she's being funny, I just think that she's learned how to fine tune this skill so it's fun for her to practice. I have to listen up very carefully to get answers out of this girl! Lol

Alrighty, well someone isn't napping so that means that I have NO time to work around the house today. I love my baby, but man, I can sure clean a lot more quickly and efficiently while she's sleeping!

No comments: