Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've Been M.I.A.

Holy cow, I haven't had two seconds to sit down behind the computer and write up a post. Life is crazy around here. Between chasing after Brooke, being a wife, church (attending services, shopping for and cooking Wednesday night dinners, teaching a women's study, being on the worship team, etc...), family, and John's schedule, I rarely have a minute to myself. Finally, I have some time to catch up!

Brooke has kept us in hysterics lately! The most hilarious things come out of her mouth and we just look at her in shock most of the time. For example:

*I said, "Brooke, are you having a brother or a sister?" She looked at me and said, "No thanks, mommy!"

*Today at lunch I told her to sit down and she said, "No thanks, mommy. I'm not sitting right now."

*We've been trying to get her ready for her big-girl-room by talking about it a lot. I asked Brooke, "Who's going to sleep in your crib?" She said, "Adrienne!" I then said, "Then where will you sleep?" Instead of giving me the expected answer, she yelled with excitement, "Daddy's bed!" Lol... I don't think so, Miss Brooke!

*Brooke is SO independent. Now she has to put her own shoes on every time we leave the house (which is always fun when we're in a hurry), pull down her pants for every diaper change, climb up into her car seat by herself, etc... She basically wants me to do NOTHING for her. Whenever I try to help her she says, "I min (am) feeding myself!" Hahaha! She doesn't understand that "feeding" doesn't mean "doing." I think I might be sad when she learns the difference!

*When I'm lying down on the couch or the bed she'll come up to my belly and say, "Kiss Adrienne." So sweet:-) I'm not sure she realizes what she's doing, but it's still precious to me.

*She likes to be JUST like me! She puts on my high-heels and pushes her grocery cart saying, "I min shopping for food." Sometimes, if we're really lucky, she'll find one of my shirts and put it on for her big shopping trips. It's hilarious!

Yes, my little girl is growing so quickly and is learning so very much! I love this age, despite temper tantrums and willfulness, and am just trying to soak it all in and enjoy my girl as much as possible.

I have a very active little girl in my womb right now! When I was pregnant with Brooke I rarely felt her kick. She would obviously move, but not as often as I would have really liked. This pregnancy is totally different though. Adrienne kicks hard and frequently... Most of the time when I'm trying to sleep! I do feel her a lot when I'm out about too. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come????? Brooke has always been very laid back and I'm starting to wonder if this little girl will give me a run for me money!

Okay, it's time to get some much-needed work done around the house. We're supposed to get 10 inches of snow tonight so I'm sure I'll be couped up tomorrow to do some cleaning, but I'll feel so great if I get it out of the way now!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Brooke is tooo cute! :0) It's so much fun to have toddlers but I really can't wait for another baby and I know you can't either!