Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Year Over and a New One Just Begun

2008 was a great year for me and I'm sad to see it go, but we have lots of things to look forward to in the coming year! God has been so good to my family and me and I would like to reflect on some highlights of the past year...

*Two wonderful vacations- First to San Diego in March and then to Florida in July. Our two trips were amazing and we made lots of great family memories together!

*Watching Brooke blossom from a baby into a toddler was so much fun! Being able to hear her talk in complete sentences now STILL blows me away and each day I find new aspects of her personality to admire and enjoy. Motherhood was a blast over the last year and something tells me that it only gets better from here:-)

*Being able to learn about God's perfect timing and will for John and me through the trials we faced with our housing situations. Holy cow... If we had ended up with any of the other house deals that we were so close to making, we wouldn't have had this big, gorgeous house that we have now. Now that we're settled and loving our new home, I see how God's plan was far greater than ours! What a trial we endured to get here, though!

*Growing more in love with my amazing husband! It sounds so "sing-songy" to say this, but John is my best friend and being able to share my life with him is one of the greatest blessings ever. I don't think that being his wife and taking care of him will ever get old!

*Enjoying my nephew, Nathan, and getting to see him turn into a little boy. Man, that kid melts me! Another highlight of my year includes Jenna's birth last month. I've enjoyed her brother so much and similarly, I can't wait to experience life with her! I LOVE being aunt!

*Finding out about the precious baby that's growing in my belly! I'm 18 weeks along today and we will find out if it's a boy or a girl very soon. I'm so taken back by the fact that God has entrusted another precious life into our care. Isn't that so humbling?

As for 2009, when I think about the year that is ahead of us, I'm mostly excited for the end of May, when the baby is due. Until then, I want to relish in every single solitary moment that I have with Brooke by herself. Our lives will change soon enough so I want to hold onto the months ahead of us as much as possible. During the next several months I REALLY look forward to transforming our spare room into Brooke's big-girl-room and then making the nursery the perfect place for the baby. It looks like there are lots of fun things in our future!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!!!!!

No comments: