Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Different Kind of Anniversary

Today is mine and John's wedding anniversary! I know that anniversaries aren't really THAT important because you should show your love to your spouse each and every day, but for some reason, I get VERY excited over our anniversary. I must confess, though, that today was not really "anniversary material." First of all, we are being hit with an awful snowstorm so Brooke and I were trapped in the house all day and when John finally got home (around 6) we couldn't even go anywhere for dinner to celebrate because the roads were yucky. Another thing that added to my less-than-ideal day was that Brooke threw up this morning after breakfast so the whole day I was chasing after her with a towel or bucket every time I heard her cough. Lukcily she been totally fine for the rest of the day somehow. Weird!

So, I made the best of our day and prepared a really nice dinner for the three of us. I made spare ribs with homemade barbecue sauce, cheddar biscuits that tasted almost identical to Red Lobster's, fanned potatoes (a new recipe that was incredible) and Italian green beans. Everything turned out really nice and delicious so that was enough to make me feel like our anniversary was semi-special. John also got me a beautiful card with a nice long note, which made my day. I love my husband so much!

This weekend we are planning on going out of town on Friday night to officially celebrate our anniversary. There's this awesome restaurant about and hour and half from here so we thought we would go eat there Friday night and then stay over in a nice hotel. I'm really looking forward to my time alone with John, as my parents are going to be taking Brookie on Friday night. It's always good to get away, even if it's just for a short trip.

Alrighty, I'm off to relax with my husband! After all, it is our anniversary! Lol

1 comment:

Alison said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sorry it didn't completely live up to your expectations.