Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Big Girl Room in the Making!

With the fast approaching arrival of this baby, we are turning our spare room into Brooke's big girl room. We're really excited about the whole process but we are still undecided about her furniture. We went to the furniture store today and these are our final two picks:

This is the white furniture that we like. She would be getting every piece that's in the picture. It's very, very pretty and elegant in person because it has a scalloped detail around the mirror and head board. It's absolutely gorgeous and VERY well made and we also think that it will grow with her, which is always a plus.

Our second choice is cherry wood furniture. She would be getting everything in that picture except for the desk... Instead she would be getting a large chest of drawers. We like this set a lot because it too is very well made. It's a lot more simplistic than the other choice and it's almost identical to our bedroom set that we have in our room. It's gorgeous but less "princess like."

As for her bedding, we have selected this gorgeous set from Pottery Barn Kids:



I think that either set of furniture will go really well with the comforter that we've chosen, which makes my decision even harder. Please give me your thoughts and opinions! We need to decide by Thursday because they're having a sale that ends that day.

Oh, real quick, another good thing about the white furniture is that it is made by the store itself (Raymour and Flanigan) so the guy said it will be around for years to come, which means we can go back in a few years and buy another bed to match Brooke's if this baby is a girl. Decisions, decisions!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Hey! I personally like the cherry furniture a lot better. It's just more my personal style, and think that it would "grow up" with her better as she gets older. But you should get whichever one you that that both you and her would love for years to come. But my vote is for the cherry. :)

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Hey!! I LOVE the white! Looks like a perfect set for a princess :0)

We are free most saturdays if you want to get together!!

Oh and about the baby's name...STILL undecided! Can you believe it!?! We think we have it narrowed down to two so once we set that in stone i will text you for your opinion! :0)

Anonymous said...

too bad they didn't have the cherry color for the white furniture set:) I personally love the white set. I've always dreamed of having a white bedroom set for a future daughter. And I also love the bedroom set you've picked out for Brooke. I know whichever you decide will look amazing! I am so excited for you! My vote is definitely the white. It's very girly and I'm all for girly.
~Tammy