Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Growing Babies

I have two growing babies and I just can't believe how big they're each getting! Brookie is 23-months-old today which means she'll be 2 next month. I'm in shock over that because the time has gone by so quickly. Wow! Also, today I am 20-weeks pregnant. It also feels like my pregnancy is going by in the blink of an eye. It seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant but here I am already halfway done.

It's so weird to me because when Brooke was turning one I was hysterical over it. For me, it meant that she was leaving infancy and turning into a little girl. Though I was happy and excited, I was an emotional wreck on her birthday. However, now that's she going to be turning 2, I'm very excited!!! I love this toddler stage and it has proved to be a blast for our family. I so look forward to the new adventures that having a 2-year-old will bring! I hear that parenting gets continually better and if that's the case, I'm in for some pretty amazing days in the future. Yes, I love being a mommy more than anything:-)

Another weird thing is that when I was pregnant with Brooke I wanted the pregnancy to fly away with itself because I couldn't wait to have Brooke and be a mom. I am TRULY excited about this baby, but because I'm armed with the knowledge of how fast pregnancy flies, I'm trying hard to hold onto being pregnant as much as possible. Each new week that comes and goes of my pregnancy is almost bittersweet... I'm happy that baby #2 is one step closer to make his/her arrival, but sad because that's one less week with alone time with Brooke.

Alrighty, well I'm going to go start dinner so John doesn't die of hunger when he gets home. That wouldn't be good, now would it?

1 comment:

Alison said...

I can't believe your babies are getting that big either. We adore Brooke so much and are looking forward to meeting your new little one (boy, *cough cough*) in just a few short months. I can't wait to be an aunt again!

Nice new blog ;) Enjoy.