Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Can't Make Up My Mind!!!

Ugh, just when I thought that I had Brooke's furniture narrowed down to those picks, we went to another store. This is so not good! We found that we can get a beautiful set for her (that is made by Ashley Furniture) for almost $700 cheaper than those other two sets we had originally decided on. I have faith in Ashley because my gorgeous, indestructible bedroom set is made by them, along with my dining room table that I love. This set feels really solid but it's not quite as precious as the super expensive set that I had once hoped for. Although, I think that it might quite a bit more practical and versatile than the other choices.

To add to my indecisiveness, I also came across this furniture. The wonderful thing about this furniture is that my parents have the adult version of this bedroom set (with a full bed and cherry finish) and they LOVE it. They have been very satisfied with it and it has continued to look good even after several years of use. I would really like to get this set because of it's good reputation and also, I think it's precious! It's about $200 more than the furniture I listed above, but I think it's definitely worth it to get something I love so much. I dare say that this is the one. Thoughts, anyone????

I realize that Brooke could care less about her room and that she doesn't NEED the most perfect bedroom to know that mommy and daddy love her, but I'm still agonizing over this so it can be special for her. Really, growing up she won't care how much we spent on her furniture or what color the finish is. If that's the case, why can't I make up my mind??????? I need to soon or I think I'll scream.

Well, it's time for me to get up to the church and cook dinner for the masses. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I do like the bedroom set that mom and dad have. It's girly, but not too ornate. And we know from experience that it is made of good quality. If you like it, I say GO FOR IT!!

(I didn't care much for the Ashley set.)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Alison, I too like the second. I have also seen your parents bedroom furniture and I like it a lot! Not that my opinion matters much. I would be indecisive myself if this was my daughter. It's her first big girl room/bed, so it should be a big deal. I need to seriously buy a house and have a child already.:) ~Tammy