Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby News!!!!

We had our ultrasound today and we are having a (drum roll, please)..... GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and I cannot wait to raise another little princess. We have enjoyed Brooke so much so we're really thrilled. Fun days are ahead for our family! The baby's name has officially been chosen and it is Adrienne Reese. If you know our last name then you'll see how pretty it sounds all together. I love the name:-)

More importantly that Miss Adrienne's gender, we are elated that we were told she has a four chambered heart, two kidneys, a functioning bladder, a completely normal brain, and a normal spine. Her measurements look great and she weighs exactly one pound now. God has designed humans so intricately and it brought me to tears to see how He was knitting our daughter together in my womb. It never gets old, does it??

I was so worried that we wouldn't be able to find out the gender and now I see how silly that was! The baby first had her legs spread apart, which was the point that the ultrasound technician said it was a girl. I said, "So, if it was your baby on that screen you would feel safe painting the nursery pink?" He said, "Well, I would buy the paint at this point." Only minutes later she did a big flip and mooned us, which was enough clarification for him to say, "Okay, go ahead and finish your painting!" Lol!

After our ultrasound, we had an appointment with my doctor. He had previously advised me that a repeat C-Section is in our best interest and today he asked me if I had a reached a conclusion about that. I have had A LOT of reservations and fears about another C-Section (which I have written about repeatedly), but the doctor opened up to me a lot and told me that when his wife had their first son (who's now 26) she had a C-Section for similar reasons that I had one with Brooke and when it was time for her to decide how to birth their second son, he decided it was the most prudent thing for her to have a repeat section. He went on to say that if I was his wife and this was his baby, he would hands down choose a C-Section. I have a lot of faith in this doctor and he really put my mind to rest, which was an answer to prayer. Anyways, with all that being said, we scheduled Adrienne's birthday for the 27Th of May. It's so weird to have such an exact, definitive date but we're very, very excited!

Brooke has been struggling with the news a bit, unfortunately. She'll say sweet things like, "Adrienne sit next to Brookie," but if we ask her if she'll share something with the baby she yells, "NO!" She's also been kind of clingy and fussy and I think that she grasps this whole concept a bit more than we give her credit for. I know that in time she'll adjust!

This has been such a special day and I don't think I've stopped smiling once:-) I think I'll go end it on a positive note and relax with my wonderful, out-numbered husband!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations on such wonderful, sweet baby news! I can't wait to add another girl to our fold and I'm excited to see Adrienne and Jenna will grow up together!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! See I told you your baby would be okay:) You had nothing to be worried about. I prayed lots for you and your little girl.~Tammy

rccalyn said...

Yay! Congrats on a healthy new girl! That's so exciting! I'm glad you came to a decision about the C-section and aren't too upset about it. Your first one was emergency, right? So if it's planned, it shouldn't be nearly as bad! That's so weird to have a birthdate already though!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

I'm so excited for you!!! As we said before...I'm really glad we both believe in pre-arranged marriages! :0)lol.