Friday, April 17, 2009

33 Week Ultrasound

I had another ultrasound today because, as the doctor said, I "twisted his arm." He said he doesn't do them routinely unless he has a need to but because I asked he would work it out for me.

It was wonderful to see my precious baby girl again:-) First and foremost, we got clarification that she is DEFINITELY a girl. I had thought about fooling everyone and saying that she was a boy but I'm such a bad liar. Lol! Anyways, everything else checked out wonderfully and we even managed to get a really cute 3-D shot. It was hard for the tech to see much of Adrienne's face because she's folded almost completely in half and she has her feet pulled over her chest. Silly girl! We saw lots of hair on her head too so I'm guessing she'll have lots of hair like Brookie did at birth? We'll see in a few short weeks!

This is part that had me all up in a tizzy... The technician provided Adrienne's estimated weight based on her measurements and it said that she's 5 pounds, 15 ounces. HOLY COW! Now THAT is a big baby! I was a bit concerned that she would be like 12 pounds when she came out but when we went to see the doctor he reassured me by telling me that those estimates usually run big. He also felt my belly and guessed that she was more like 5 pounds right about now. He said that she'll probably be a good 8 pound baby plus a couple of ounces, just like Brooke. Phew! I know it sounds silly, but I want her to be tiny for at least a couple of weeks. They get big SO QUICK as it is!

That's the update on my precious little girl. I only have 5 weeks and 6 days until I get to meet her and I am so unbelievably excited for that moment! I'm so blessed:-)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm glad everything looked good!! Can't wait to meet that baby girl :)