Friday, April 24, 2009

Which is Worse?

Brooke has been playing this crazy no napping game for about 3 weeks now. It's very frustrating because I know that she needs to rest but she just refuses to. Luckily she'll stay in her bed and talk and sing so I can still get a little bit of ME time, but the bad news is that she ALWAYS falls asleep in the car if we go somewhere in the evenings and this makes bedtime NOT FUN.

When Brooke doesn't have a good nap she is itching to get to bed around 7:45-8 and she falls asleep almost immediately after going down. The unfortunate other end of the spectrum is that if she actually gets her much needed nap then she will stay in her bed for sometimes up to 2 hours talking and laughing before sleeping.

So, with all of that being said, I'm trying my hardest to figure out what to do about all of this. The first option would be to eliminate her nap time all together but with a new baby coming, I think I would be drunk to do that. The second option is that I put her to bed later (like 9??) but then I'm stealing one of the only quality alone hours that John and I get during the days. Lastly, I could keep everything the same and hope that this no sleeping nonsense is just a phase? What's the answer? I'm really trying to do what's best for my girl here!

I'm ready for all of these irregularities to end so that we can get back into our awesome routine and normal way of doing things. Kids always have to switch things up, don't they?!??!?!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

I would recommend keeping EVERYTHING exactly the same, at least until after the new baby comes. That will be enough change for Brooke as it is! I bet it's just a phase (a long one) and she'll get back to her routine eventually! If she doesn't, maybe after the baby comes, you could play around with timing of things. But stop doubting yourself s much - you'll make the right choice whatever you choose!