Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Before I can rant and rave about how wonderful my Easter was, I first need to call attention to the true meaning of the holiday. Each time that I hear the Easter story I am shocked over and over again that Jesus gave up SO much for me. Not only did He give up His life for the sins of all mankind but He also gave up his pride, his entitlement to what's "fair," and His dignity. What He did on that cross for a bunch of sinners is incredible and it's the biggest sacrifice that He could have ever made. Thank you, Jesus, for spilling your blood for my sins so that I can have a hope and a future. Amazing...

We had a wonderful day today! When John got home from work this morning he hid Brooke's Easter basket and then he woke her up so they could find it together. She was elated when she saw an enormous basket filled with all sorts of goodies! She also got a kick out of it being hidden in the kitchen cupboard. Of course it was a bit of struggle pulling her away from her treats in order to get ready for church but somehow I coaxed her into getting dressed!

After a really awesome church service we headed to my parents' house to eat lunch with my family. We scarfed down a delicious lunch and then headed home to pick up John (who had been home sleeping after working last night) so that we could head to his grandma's house for another Easter feast. Let's just say that I'm STUFFED and won't be hungry anytime soon!

At John's grandma's house they had an Easter egg hunt for the kids and Brooke was so hilarious! She loved finding the eggs but she wouldn't pick them up off the ground because she didn't want to get messy. Lol! She's her mama's girl for sure:-) Miss Brooke ended up making $10 off of her Easter eggs and she was very eager to put all of her cash in her piggy bank when we got home.

This is hilarious... There was a pair of white shoes at Target that I fell in love with to go with Brooke's Easter dress, however, when I went back to pick them up they were sold out of Brooke's size. I asked Patty to check another Target for me and sure enough she found the much-wanted patent leather white shoes that I had been searching for. She picked them up Saturday night and the plan was that she was supposed to drop them off to Brooke during Sunday School. Sounds like a pretty reasonable plan, right? Not so much. My mom and my sister, who were both in the nursery this morning, tried repeatedly to put Brooke's new Easter shoes on her and screamed HYSTERICALLY every single time that they made an attempt. They had been in Patty's car and apparently they were cold from being in there overnight so Brooke kept claiming that they were "wet." Long story short, the shoes have not been on Brooke's feet, despite much effort, and I will be taking them back tomorrow. Only MY goofy girl would be petrified of new shoes. Lol! I think that it's hilarious! From this story, I actually learned a lesson... The absence of white shoes on Brooke's feet wasn't the end of the world after all. I insisted that she had them because I thought she "needed" them but the day wasn't any less special because her shoes were brown. Go figure!

Before I close, I have another funny story that I would like to note... I went to the grocery store before church this morning to pick up a bagel for breakfast. I felt something dripping down my leg but figured that maybe I swept by something cold or that it was in my head. I then felt the drip again and again. I looked down at my leg and saw that a fluid was running down it. My heart stopped because I truly, with all my heart, thought that my water had broken. I had a slow leak with Brooke and it was reminiscent of that. All these horrible thoughts of, "It's too early!" ran through my mind and I was sick. Finally, after a second of taking a deep breath, I realized that the stopper in Brooke's sippy cup had dislodged so her milk filled cup was slowly leaking through the bottom of my diaper bag. HAHAHA! I'm such a moron! Lol

Anyways, I hope that everyone enjoyed their Easter as much as my family and I did! Remember that Jesus died for YOU!!

No comments: