Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oddities.. Continued, Unfortunately:-(

I am feeling VERY frustrated at the moment. It's 10 PM, John is getting ready to leave for the night and, you guessed it, Brooke is SCREAMING. What in the universe is going on? She's been in bed since 8. That's an awfully long time for her to keep herself awake.

I have recently questioned whether or not Brooke's been getting too much sleep but with John's new schedule I'm positive that that's not the case right now. When John comes home in the morning, around 7:20, she hears him and wakes up. This is WAY earlier than her her usual 9-9:30 mornings that she's been having for the past 3 months or so. So, between waking up lots earlier, coupled with the late, late nights, you would think that this kid would be an absolute terror... WRONG. She has been even better behaved since she started sleeping less and that's why I can't attribute these sleep struggles to pain or sickness.

Today Brooke took a great nap from 1-3:30. That nap is maybe slightly longer than usual but I would guess that she would be a lot sleepier due to her recent sleep regression at night. I'm not ready to cut out her naps because she really needs that sleep in the middle of the day and I need that time also. In addition, I'm not willing to put her to bed much later than 8 because with John being on the night shift, we only get a couple of hours of adult time before he heads out the door.

If I think about all of this I get very stressed. I could worry endlessly about how we'll adjust to this schedule and how it will all work out... Especially after the baby comes. I know that these things will all iron themselves out but in the meantime, I think I might pull my hair out. Luckily John has tomorrow night and Thursday night off and we'll have a short break from the chaos!

No comments: