Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Talk

Brooke talks about her baby sister all the time it seems. Most days she is excited and upbeat about sharing with her sister and loving her, but other days, that are few and far between, are filled with mean, envious conversations about her sister. Either way, it's pretty hilarious to hear her so engrossed in the baby's arrival! Here are some cute conversations:

All about Adrienne's Arrival-

Me: Brookie, are you having a brother or a sister?
B: Baby sister!!!!
Me: What's her name?
B: NOT Suzy!
Me: No? Then what is it?
B: Adrienne Reese D******! (Each word gets louder and louder)
Me: When will she be born?
B: May 27Th. She'll come out at the "ha-sible." (hospital) You'll be there but you actually no be hurt.
Me: You're right! Mommy will be in the hospital but just to take care of Adrienne, not because I'm sick or hurt.
B: I ride the "ele-gator!" (elevator)

Help with Adrienne-

Me: Are you going to help mommy with your sister?
B: Yep!
Me: What will you do to help?
B: Ummm, I give Adrienne a bath, change her diaper, give her a paci, kiss her...
Me: Wow, mommy is going to have such a BIG helper!
B: I'm gonna be a good big sister.
Me: Yes you will! Will you give Adrienne a bottle?
B: No, she'll actually nurse.

We were shopping for some clothes for Adrienne and I said-

Me: Do you like this dress for Adrienne?
B: (Ripping the dress out of my hands) NO! I like it for ME.
Me: Honey, it's way too small for you and you have lots of pretty dresses at home.
B: Adrienne NO wear this. (Followed by tears and a temper tantrum)

Moments like that make me think that she's slightly jealous of her sister already but I know she'll do just fine after some time.

Every time we pass the ice cream store, we have this conversation-

B: Hi ice cream! I go with you sister when it gets "warms" out.
Me: How fun! Can Adrienne have ice cream?
B: NO! It hurts her belly. She no have "frinkles" (sprinkles) or ice cream.

That little girl is so funny! I think I spend most of my days laughing at her because she's this tiny little creature who carries on the most mature conversations with me. She is definitely good company and I cannot wait to see what a wonderful big sister she'll be!

No comments: