Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer Fun on a Spring Day

It was over 90 degrees today. That's just insane! Saturday and Sunday were both sunny and had temperatures in the mid 80's but today was a true scorcher. I feel like we're in the midst of July and it's not even May yet. I am HOT, my feet are swollen, I have NO summer maternity clothes so I'm resigned to jeans, and though I love the hot weather, I look forward to some lower temperatures of around 70 later this week.

John was off today so we have really had a great day of it. We didn't go anywhere today except for the grocery store to get me a HIGHLY desired cantaloupe and some ice cream for John and Brooke. We got lots of landscaping done, John mowed the lawn (though I wish that I could have done it), all my housework and laundry is caught up, and we were able to do a lot of fun things! We cooked out for dinner, went on a long walk, and played outside for most of the day.

I was trying to think of a creative way to cool Brooke down outside so I came up with a fun activity for her: I took two large plastic bowls of cold water and set them in the wagon that was under our covered front porch. I then brought out spoons, small bowls, measuring cups and plastic cups for Brooke to play in the water with. She LOVED it and it kept her busy for a good, long while. Not only were we cool because we were under the porch, but splashing one another really helped us stay cool too! You better believe that I'll be using the method of entertainment A LOT this summer! Here's a goofy picture of Brooke playing in the water...



In other news, today is exactly a month away from my due date. It feels so surreal to know that a month from today I will be loving, nursing, cuddling, and enjoying Adrienne. I have really wanted to savor this pregnancy and not wish it away and I have been doing a great job of that.... BUT, this heat has caused me to get slightly more eager to evict her:-) Soon enough she'll be in my arms!

Okay, I'm off to enjoy a movie with John. What could be better?!??!?!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

That picture is priceless and her dress is so cute!