Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Renewed

Isn't it amazing how a couple of Spring days can totally erase the long, miserable, horrible winter? We have been having such beautiful weather and it's hard to believe that a few months ago the ground was covered with snow.

The nice weather has enabled me to do a lot of things that I love... Take walks with my family, play with Brooke outside, sit out on the deck and relax, mow the lawn (my favorite!!!), cook out on the grill, eat dinner on the patio, and work garden. I'm also thrilled to hear the birds chirping once again and to be able to open up some windows in my house. Last night John and I worked outside after dinner and as I walked around the yard, I could see all of my perennial flowers coming back to life. Amazing! It's also cool because some of my annuals are even coming back too. What a bonus!

Though the grass has greened up and the Spring flowers such as Tulips and Daffodils are in full bloom, I'll confess, I still thought that it looked depressing outside because the trees were still dead... Until TODAY!!! I woke up and looked out my window and it seriously seemed as if the trees decided to grow overnight. Unbelievable! There is now green on the ends of the branches and it's incredible alive everything looks now. What a sight for sore eyes!

Having lived down south, I really think that Spring means SO much more when you've endured an awful winter, such as the winters that we get in Upstate New York. I, for one, feel so refreshed and renewed each year that Spring faithfully arrives. I am always reminded of God's faithfulness when this special time of year comes because He never fails to send the beautiful weather and he never forgets that my perennials need to come up again. What an awesome God we have!

No comments: