Thursday, April 30, 2009

Insanely Active Baby

It amazes me how much my two pregnancies differ from one another! When I was pregnant with Brooke, I rarely felt her move. I don't think that I can recall a time that she woke me up with insanely strong kicks or sharp jabs to the ribs. In fact, towards the end of my pregnancy, Brooke was so still and calm that I actually had to go for a non-stress-test to make sure she was doing okay. Brooke was also a "compliant" baby to carry... If she was poking me in an area that was uncomfortable for me, all I had to do was push on that area of my body and she would pull away from the pressure.

Now.... There's Adrienne!!! Holy cow! This child moves night and day- When I'm walking, when I'm sitting, when I'm lying down, when I'm trying to sleep. Even when she's in one of her calm moments I can still feel her fidgeting and squirming around. Much unlike Brooke, if I push on Adrienne she pushes back and doesn't let my prodding stop her. Lol! It's so odd because my belly is usually moving constantly from her level of activity.

Brooke's level of activity in the womb seemed to carry on into her babyhood. She had to have been the easiest baby to raise... She slept through the night the first night she came home from the hospital, she was almost always content and easy to please, she nursed great from the very beginning, she never went through separation anxiety, etc.. Even now, she is, generally speaking, an easy-going little girl to raise.

I have to ask myself the question- Does Adrienne's difference from Brooke in the womb mean that she'll be a crazy child when she comes out? I shudder to think of what it would mean if that was the truth! Lol! Obviously Adrienne is an individual but I wonder if her behavior in utero is any indicator of who she'll be. I can't wait to see!

Wow, I only have 26 more days of having this baby inside of me. I intend on enjoying every last kick:-)

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Oh that feeling is soo precious and one that I already miss!!! They are just so safe inside of you that although you want so badly for them to come out, you want to keep them there forever!

Brody was a lot stronger kicker than Hudson was also and constantly! I had the same type of fear but he actually is such a good natured baby...he just likes to straighten out and STAND on his legs already!! Maybe Adrienne is just sick of her tight quarters :0)

I want to see you guys soon!!! I have the cutest little gift for Adrienne! :0) You have to remember...I don't get to buy girl clothes :0)