Friday, May 1, 2009

THIS Month!

I can finally say that I am due "this month!" Back in August, when I first found out I was pregnant, May seemed like an eternity away... But here we are. I am slightly fearful because I know that this month will fly and I have lots to accomplish before the baby comes.

I had my 35-week doctor's visit today and it was pretty uneventful, as usual. I was a little disappointed because even though Group B Strep is only contracted from a mother to a baby in a vaginal delivery they still wanted to test me for it just in case I don't have a C-Section.... Like if I deliver in a car or elevator somewhere. Lol! Anyways, I sat in the doctor's off.. disrobed, mind you... for about40 minutes waiting for him to see me. Fun. Finally he came in and got ready to do the swab test and then he said, "Wait! Your urine test from a couple of weeks ago showed that you have Group B Strep so this is fruitless." All that trouble and inconvenience for NOTHING. Oh well. So anyways, I'm GBS positive which means absolutely nothing for Adrienne OR me. I'm so glad that we have that figured out.

Now I'm down to weekly visits to the doctor, which will also aid in this month flying away from me, I'm sure. I have an appointment next Wednesday, another pre-op/check-up the next week, and the next week I DELIVER. Crazy, crazy. I repeat... This does NOT seem real.

Brooke was hilarious at the doctor's office today. John always jokes with her that we're going to name the baby "Babs" so when the nurse asked her what her sister's name was going to be, that was her response. Lol! She got a huge smile on her face and said, "No! It's actually Adrienne Reese." She's a good joker, my Brooke:-) She is usually extremely shy and reserved when she comes to the doctor with us but today she was a little more friendly with people than usual. I'm all for that!

Alrighty, it's time to send my wonderful husband off to work:-( He has tomorrow night and Sunday night off though so I can't complain too much.

No comments: