Friday, May 22, 2009

She Has My Genes

I have to be the world's most allergic person. Seriously, the term "seasonal allergies" simply does NOT apply to me because I sniffle, sneeze, cough, and itch all year round. It's horrible. I have tried numerous medications but I never really get 100 percent relief.

I had suspected that Brooke had some allergies because she had been waking up with puffy, runny eyes and she often has a runny nose. Over the last few days my suspicions have been confirmed because my allergies have been out of controland she has been a wreck right along side me. I feel so bad for her because I know just how awful she feels. I was hoping that it was just a cold but it's been far too prolonged to be simply that and her snot is clear, which is indicative of allergies.

I feel really sad for Brooke because I really, really feel her pain. My allergies are my arch nemesis and they are often the source of my exhaustion and frustration. UGH! I called the doctor and they said that she could take some Benedryl at night but I do NOT want to subject her to that nasty groggy feeling the next morning. Who really wants to feel that way? They also said that if I bring her in they can look into an antihistamine or something for her but I don't really love the idea of doping the poor kid up! Besides, allergy medicines make me EXTREMELY thirsty and groggy. Again, why would I want that for my girl?

I hope that this is just a short lived allergen that Brooke has to something that's blooming right now. That would be great! I hate that I have to chase her around the park with a tissue and they her little eyes are all itchy. It just breaks a mommy's heart!

Does anyone know anything about toddler's with allergies? If you do, please clue me in!

No comments: