Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Two Weeks To Go!

Two weeks from today is my due date. Unbelievable! To think that this time in two weeks that all of my fear about the C-Section will be behind me is an incredible, reassuring thought. My questions about Adrienne... Her weight, who she'll look like, the amount of hair she'll have, how she will nurse, etc.. will mostly be answered, too. I can't even believe or really process how close it is!

I had my 37-week doctor's appointment today and everything went really well! I was told that my C-Section is at 8 A.M., which is new information, and that we have to be there at 6:30. That should be a fun morning, huh? I go next Monday for a bunch of pre-op testing and things and that pretty much rounds out my prenatal care. These weekly trips to the doctor are soon coming to an end!

I jokingly told my doctor that my mom and sister couldn't believe how big my belly was getting. I thought that he would laugh because they are his patients too, but he said, very clinically and straight-faced, "Well, you did have some significant growth this last week." Lol! He had the tape-measure to prove it so I wasn't going to argue but it wasn't quite the answer I was looking for!! Lol

The only other interesting tidbit of information that he gave me was that Adrienne is VERY low down. He said that her head is right down there and ready to go. That would encourage me a little if I was actually delivering vaginally, but we all know that that's not the case.

I'm feeling pretty good about things. I can't say that I'm not anxious about the delivery, the recovery, and how Brooke will do, but I'm getting more and more eager to meet my precious baby and I know that everything will work out great. I've been in this crazy nesting mode over the last couple of days and it feels great to be able to prepare for my little one's arrival! My dad painted the nursery on Monday and now that that's behind us I just have to do a few more things in there and the room will be done. I feel MUCH better with this completed!

My church is throwing me a shower on Sunday. I know... A shower for my second girl is UNBELIEVABLE and totally NOT necessary! For months now women have been asking me if I wanted one and I told probably 4 people no. However, a bunch of them got together and overruled me. I truly appreciate what everyone wants to do to bless me but I just feel so undeserving of a shower because I feel that they are for first babies. I guess I should just shut up and be thankful, huh?

Alrighty, well I'm off to get some rest. John just left for the night so I'll probably cuddle up to something girly on TV and relax. I miss my husband but he's OFF TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: