Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Big, Brave Brooke

I am so proud of Brooke right now! We went to the park tonight and I was really thinking that it would be a repeat of our last horrible trip. I was almost positive, in fact. When we pulled up we saw that there was a T-Ball game going on in the field so the park was swarming with kids big and small. I just knew that we were in for a long night.

HOWEVER, Brooke did great! She played with all of the other kids and even made some friends. As she saw the other little kids running all over the place she started to follow them and she went down all 4 slides by herself with NO coaxing or help from John or me. Unbelievable! One of the slides is so big that I even cringed (internally, of course) as Brooke braved it for the first time. I saw a whole new side of Brooke... She threw rocks and everything and she didn't even ask for a napkin after she touched them! Lol

It was quite funny because after Brooke got a little bit more comfortable she began to boss the other kids around... "Little boy, it's my turn." "Little girl, go down the slide." Ha! I just had to laugh at how bossy she was and even more, I had to laugh at how the other kids obeyed Queen Brookie!

Watching Brooke succeed and conquer her fears was really awesome as a mom! I was overwhelmed with pride and excitement for her. I'm sure the other moms wondered what the big deal was that my kid was going down the slides but they don't know the whole story so I guess it wouldn't make sense!

3 comments:

rccalyn said...

Yay Brooke!

Alison said...

She sure is coming out of herself lately. That is GOOD NEWS!!!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

aww..she's so adorable!