Monday, May 25, 2009

Nesting Fanatic

I seriously went NUTS today around the house. Brooke went down for an early nap, (due to having an awful, horrible, rotten, sleepless night last night) and I had originally planned on conking out on the couch. I, however, decided against it because I'm having a baby in two days and so much needed to be done! I'm SO glad that I fought through the exhaustion because in my 4 hour cleaning spree today, I got the following accomplished:

*Our family room has hard wood floors so dust and things tend to settle underneath the couches and area rug. I completely cleared out the room and swept and mopped the floor.

*I dusted ALL surfaces... High and low.

*I did every stitch of laundry- This means that it's all folded and put away, too.

*I bleached and scrubbed all of our indoor trashcans. Let me just say, that was very gratifying!

*I scrubbed the top of the refrigerator.

*I deep cleaned both bathrooms.

*I cleaned and organized Brooke's toy room.

*I vacuumed upstairs and downstairs.

*The drapes in our family room needed to be washed so I took them down, washed them, dried them outside (so they wouldn't shrink), ironed them, and then hung them back up.

Wow, that list doesn't seem very long now that I look over it, but I assure you that my house is SPOTLESS. I feel much better about Miss Adrienne's arrival now that I know that housework is all caught up. It's such a great feeling:-)

In other news, Brooke has still been out of sorts. She had an AWFUL night filled with crying and moaning and restlessness last night. We were both up constantly. Today she was mostly fine, except for about an hour before bedtime. She was a disaster at that point but luckily she went down easily and I haven't heard a peep from her since.

Tomorrow we have a special day planned... John's waking up at noon (because he works tonight) and we're going to take Brookie to pick out a birthday card for Adrienne and run some last minute errands. Then, we're going to Chuck E. Cheese, out to dinner, and then to Coldstone for ice cream. It should be a very special day for my family of 3 before we are a family of 4. I can't wait!

Alrighty, I'm off to try to get some rest. I think I'll sleep well after all of that hard work today!

3 comments:

Alison said...

It's funny because I wrote a post called "Nesting Fanatic" right before Jenna came. Thank goodness for nesting instincts!!

I can't believe that tomorrow's the day! I can't wait to meet her!!!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

I'm sooo excited for you! Tomorrow's the day...YAY! :0) I'm sure I will be thinking of you often and praying that everything will go just perfectly! Enjoy your new baby...they are such miracles! Can't wait to meet her!

rccalyn said...

Good job on all that cleaning! You must be so excited! I'll be praying everything goes smoothly!