Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blossoming Brooke

John has been off for the last two nights so we have been running around and keeping very, very busy. I feel like we save every ounce of work that needs to be done for his days off. In the midst of the work we always manage to have lots of fun together, too, so I'm definitely NOT complaining!

Brooke has been a new kid lately. Seriously, ever since that day at the park last week, she has grown into this fearless child. I hardly know her anymore! We were at some friend's house last night and they have a big slide that Brooke could NOT get enough of. She didn't even ask for help and if we dared to assist her in any way she got very upset. They also had a big trampoline and she asked to go on it. I was extremely timid because she was the smallest kid there but all of the older kids were told that they couldn't jump high when she was on it. She got on and shook with fear with the first movement anyone made, but after that, she would laugh hysterically and she was going crazy on there! I was dumbfounded!

Brooke has also opened up to people, as well as things and situations. This old man said "hi" to her yesterday and instead of getting all timid and hiding behind me, she said, "Hi, nice man." I usually have to convince her first to be nice to strangers (or sometimes people we even know!) but she is starting to be much more outgoing on her own. It's crazy because it's a 100 percent turn around for her!

I was cracking up yesterday because I was thinking of all the many restaurants, stores, etc.. that Brooke can identify just by looking at the signs- Target, Panera, Moe's, Wendy's, McDonald's, our bank, Lowe's, Arby's, KFC- which she calls "mac and cheese store," Sam's Club, Wal Mart, Wegman's or "Augmins," Babies R Us, and Taco Bell. She's so funny because every time we pass a gas station she says, "There's gasoline!!! Get gas, mommy!" Lol! The smallest thing excite my little girl, apparently!

Things have been going so extremely well with Brooke, lately. Some phases are really hard and they leave me wanting to bang my head on the wall, but when we have such good weeks like this one has been, I feel so encouraged. She has been so obedient, happy, and adventurous and with little instances for spankings recently, we can focus more on having fun and enjoying her! I am VERY thankful for these happy times because they only help me feel more confident about soon being the mother of two!

No comments: