Saturday, May 9, 2009

One Last Hoorah

With Adrienne's arrival being in the very near future, John and I wanted to do something extra special for just the two of us. When you're nursing a newborn on demand on top of raising a toddler, it's a little bit difficult to get away! So, John planned a nice trip to Lancaster, Pa for us and we left yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderful time, though it was a short trip, and I feel refreshed now!

For those of you that have never been to Lancaster, you have to go! I have been there many times but it never gets old going there. Seeing the Amish people has always been a fascination of mine for whatever reason and I could drive the countrysides to see their farms for hours on end. Their simple way of life is definitely enviable compared to our face-paced, rushed lifestyle! Here are some highlights of our trip:

*One of my most FAVORITE parts of the trip was totally unexpected... I have been craving Chick-Fil-A (an amazing fast food restaurant that we don't have up north) for ages now. Before our trip I looked on the restaurant's website to see the nearest one to Lancaster and they said that the closest one was about 40 miles away. I was bummed. Anyways, about an hour before we arrived to our hotel, I saw a glorious sign... CHICK-FIL-A! You better believe we stopped immediately:-) It a was a delicious surprise treat for me. Now, if I could just get some more of that right about now...

*Yesterday we went to the huge outlet malls that they have. We got some Nike wind pants for me to come home from the hospital in, a new hat for John, and some cute little outfits for Adrienne. Other than those couple of things, there wasn't anything else that we just had to have.

*Last night we ate at one of the local Amish restaurants that they had and the food was out of this world. Everything was homemade too!

*Today we woke up pretty early so we could get a head start. We went out to a breakfast buffet in the middle of Amish country, along with a long ride. Fun, fun!

*We did some shopping at local furniture stores, bakeries, and farmers' markets. We didn't really see anything worth buying but we had fun looking!

*We went on a horse and buggy ride through Amish country this afternoon!!!!! This was BY FAR my favorite part of the trip and I enjoyed every minute of it. Our driver was an Amish guy so I drilled him with my many inquisitions. What can I say? These people amaze me! He took us through an Amish farm and we could see it up-close-and-personal. I'm so nosey so that really made me happy!

All in all, our trip was wonderful. We missed Brookie horribly but it's not often that we get to go away by ourselves so we soaked up the opportunity! As with any other trip, I'm sad that it's over but I'm always happy to be home.

No comments: