Tuesday, May 19, 2009

All Work, No Sleep

Poor John has not been able to catch a break lately. Here it is, the final few days before the birth of our baby, and he's been a working a machine. It seems like the man never sleeps!

He worked Sunday night and then stayed up until almost 1 with me yesterday so I didn't have to go to the doctor alone. I never asked him to do this, either... He just didn't want me to be there by myself. Even after we got home he only slept until 4:30 because he didn't want to miss the whole night with us. I could not convince him to sleep any longer!

After only a few hours of sleep yesterday, John had a crazy night at work last night. Then, this morning they asked him to do an extra 5 hours of overtime. There is a massive business in our area that was doing mega layoffs today and they wanted a cop there in case things got sketchy. Because they money is so great for stuff like that, John couldn't refuse. The worst part was that he didn't have his debit card so he couldn't even grab some food and it was in a secure building that I couldn't go in to:-( Luckily my brother works there and brought him a snack, but still, that broke my heart! Anyways, he got home around 12:15 and woke up around 5. The poor guy looked so tired all night.

Luckily, tonight is his Friday so he'll at least get a decent night's sleep tomorrow night.... BUT, on Thursday, his day off, he has to go to Syracuse for an all day training course. YUCK! He has to leave at 7 that morning and he probably won't be home until after 7 that night. He just can't catch a break this week!

I am so thankful that my husband is such a hard worker and that he provides for us so well, but I get so sad when I think about how tired and spent he must feel. I try to lavish him with extra love (like I ever need an excuse!) during strenuous times such as these, but I never feel like I can adequately thank him for being so wonderful. He was such a good catch:-) As I lay my head on my comfy feather pillow tonight, all I'll be able to think about is how my exhausted husband is out there working so Brooke and I (and Adrienne, too) can be provided for.

No comments: