Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Today has been a wonderful day! John is off, which is always great, but today has been particularly enjoyable because we have just been taking it slow. On John's days off we usually get up and go somewhere and spend most of our day running errands but today we have been working around the house and yard. It's nice to stay close to home sometimes!

This morning I had a major task on my agenda... I had to dice 20 pounds of raw chicken so I could marinate it for chicken Spiedies at church tonight. Talk about work! I usually have help with the church dinners but when there's something that needs to be done ahead of time, yours truly usually does it. Anyways, my kitchen was a WRECK from all of the different bowls and chicken slop so I started my day of cleaning by giving the kitchen an incredibly thorough scrub-down. I then ventured out to the rest of the house where I did all of our laundry, scrubbed the bathroom, did the windows, vacuumed, made beds, dusted, and organized some shelves. Brooke played with her dolls by herself for quite a while and then she had John ran a quick errand. It was nice to have that time to work without interruptions! John also found some time to organize his office, which was in desperate need of some help, so our house is looking very nice right about now! I love cleaning days!

We had really intended to take more advantage of this beautiful, sunny 60 degree day and do some yard work but time has passed far too quickly! We have some major weeding and pruning that needs to be done in the garden that we have just not had time to get to yet. Tomorrow, maybe?

Brooke is supposed to be sleeping now but she's in room singing and talking. It's actually pretty hilarious. What am I going to do with that silly girl?? When she wakes up John is taking her to the park while I go up to the church to make dinner. It should be a nice afternoon for us all!

Alrighty, I'm off to RELAX for a few minutes. All my work is DONE so I can happily sit and enjoy this beautiful day. What a great feeling:-)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm glad you're having a wonderful days! Days like that are like a breath of fresh air amidst the craziness of everyday life.