Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Wow, it's Labor Day already? The summer is officially coming to a close and now we start to focus on all things Fall. Fall is actually my favorite time of year but it means that Old Man Winter is just around the corner. Blah!

I had a great Labor Day today! Our town has a parade and because we live right in the village, it was just about a 5 minute walk to get there. We don't have to hassle with parking or anything, which is always nice when there's a crowd! The parade started at 10 and I was just going to take the girls by myself so John could rest after working until 3 last night. Much to my surprise though, John set his alarm for 9to go with us. We were so happy to have him tag along! The parade itself was kind of lame but what can you expect for a small town? Brooke was just happy to be able to collect some candy though!

After the parade was finally over we walked down the road to the little fair that they had. It was really nice because there were all sorts of games for the kids and various craft vendors. It was pretty busy but Brooke got to play some games and stuff, which thrilled her to death! We also ate some lunch down there and it was actually really good.

John headed out to work around 2:30 so the girls and I spent the afternoon and evening with my parents. It was a lot of fun to be able to enjoy them and of course they were LOTS of help with the girls!

I'm super excited right now because John's not working any overtime tonight, which means that he should be home around 11:30 if all goes as planned! I'm really looking froward to spending some time with him tonight and to actually be able to fall asleep next to him. There's no better way to end a wonderful day!

No comments: