Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Relax?

I have been really frustrated at myself due to my inability to relax. It's pitiful, actually. Both of the girls are always in bed by 8:30 at the latest and I find myself using the remaining hours of the night to clean. In fact, I clean things that aren't even dirty. I mop the floors, even if you could eat off of them. I never leave dirty laundry overnight (because that just kills me). I never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. I vacuum at least every other night, if not more. I've also organized numerous closets, drawers, and cabinets. It's pathetic.

Sure, cleaning is a good thing and obviously there is a need for the house to be kept but it really bothers me that I have no idea how to fill time without doing work. I could turn on the TV while I wait up for John but honestly, I have the hardest time sitting there for hours on end. It just gets old after the first 5 minutes or so! Other than my blog, I don't have any hobbies. I love to play the piano but without one, it kind of doesn't help me at all. What the heck do most "normal" people do with themselves?

I don't think I'm obsessive compulsive about my house or anything, but I DO think that I clean out of boredom. Tonight there was absolutely NOTHING to be done in the house because I did it all this morning and I found myself getting kind of stir crazy. I really enjoy cleaning my house (sadly) and mostly, I love the satisfaction of a house that looks and smells so clean.

So, that's my new chore- The find a hobby. Does anyone have any suggestions? Man, I really have no life! Lol! Relaxing should not be this hard!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Wow. That's insane. My house is clean, but not even close to THAT clean! And I HATE doing it! We both need a happy medium I think! Wanna be my cleaning lady? Lol.