Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lighthearted Moments

Sometimes, in the midst of the craziness, there are moments that just make it all worth while. Such moments almost provide the endurance to get through the day and to pull through the chaotic moments! This adorable Brooke story is one of those things that keeps me laughing...

Our neighbors across the street had two enormous shade trees in their front lawn. For whatever reason, they decided to cut them down last week, which is a real shame! At lunch that afternoon, Brooke was, as usual, going through massive amounts of napkins. Seriously, my daughter has a napkin fetish. I looked at her and said, "Hey Brooke, do you know where napkins come from?" I then tried to explain to her that napkins come from trees and then I jokingly said, "I bet the neighbors are cutting down their trees because you're using way too many napkins." She looked at me and giggled and we never revisited that subject again.

About 3 days later, the neighbors were having the enormous tress stumps sanded down. Of course the crew that was doing the work arrived at the crack of dawn, waking up my entire family. When I went to get Brooke up for the morning she ran to the window to investigate the news. Her groggy little blue eyes looked up at me and she said, "Mommy, are they making me napkins?" HAHAHAHA! I couldn't believe that she had not only remembered something that we had talked about in passing but that she had taken it so literally! My poor daughter is probably petrified of her napkin addiction now. Lol

I live for hilarious little moments like that! Toddlers come up with the strangest things, don't they?

No comments: