Sunday, September 27, 2009

No-Sleeping Blues

I seriously think that I might pull my hair out right now. Brooke has been really difficult regarding naps and bedtime lately, but tonight is the worst that it's been... Ever.

I had planned on putting her to bed at around 8:30, which is a little bit later than her regular bedtime. We got in late from church tonight so I thought that I would cut her some slack and let her enjoy being home for a bit. The whole night I gradually told her, "You're going to go to bed soon. Okay?" She smiled sweetly and said, "Yes, mommy!" Well, here it is, almost 10:30 and she has been screaming HYSTERICALLY for the past two hours. She's been screaming, "I'm not going to bed. I won't go to bed." She's had multiple spankings and several phone calls from her daddy and she is still not budging. As we speak, she's hysterical.

The worst part of this all is that Adrienne has now been woken up 2 times. Adrienne usually sleeps through anything.. I mean you can vacuum her room while she's sleeping and she doesn't budge. That tells you how very, very, very loud her defiant big sister is being tonight.

This is the pits... I have TWO crying babies when both of them should be sleeping. I hope John gets out on time tonight because I could really use some help right about now!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Oh my gosh!!! Hudson went through this same exact stage! Although his timing was really bad because it was right when Brody arrived. I really don't understand it but I can definitely simpathize and just know it does get better eventually. I ALWAYS find myself being really hard on Hudson and I know sticking to your guns is your gut and going in and holding her is your heart and as parents we are often torn by the two. It's terrible but just remember they will only be this little once. :0)