Saturday, September 19, 2009

We're Back!

We got back from our vacation around 8 last night. The trip flew by but we really, really enjoyed ourselves! The only downer to the whole trip was that our camera broke so I couldn't take any pictures:-( They say that a picture is worth a thousand words so I better get to typing to make up for that!! Lol

Our trip started off in a REALLY negative way. John had a horrible toothache that had been keeping him up at night it hurt so bad. Thankfully, the dentist was able to squeeze him in at 8 that morning before we left. We were expecting for it to take about an hour or so but after 2 hours and $2000 later, he was done. The poor guy needed a root canal and he also had a bad infection under his tooth so they had to drain it and do all kinds of fun stuff to him. What a fun way to start off, right?

Bound and determined to not let the dentist disaster get us down, we started on our merry way. The girls were AMAZING. They rarely fussed or complained about all of the driving so that was awesome. When we got there, we checked in to the hotel (which was beautiful, by the way) and did some driving around and ate some dinner.

On Thursday, we walked on the beach and enjoyed looking in the little stores and stuff. We then decided to take the ferry to Lewes, Delaware to visit Rehoboth beach and the outlet malls there. Little did we know, the ferry ride was an hour and a half each way. YIKES! The waters were really rough that day and John and I both were both sea sick each way. That kind of put a damper on things but Brooke enjoyed the trip. It was a fun thing to do but that boat ride was a big chunk of our day. Oh well. Live and learn, right?

On Friday we headed home through New Jersey and took our time. I lived there for about 4 years so it was fun to visit my old "stomping grounds" again. We drove past our old house, went to the mall that I grew up going to, and most importantly, ate a Chick-Fil-A (My FAVORITE!!!!). We got lots of great deals for the girls at the Carters store there and I got a bunch of new (much-needed) clothes at Old Navy. It was nice to have no agenda that day and to just enjoy being together.

I'm happy because John doesn't have to go back in until Thursday. I'm excited to spend these next couple of days doing a bunch of nothing as a family and taking things kind of slow. John's going to the Buffalo Bill's game tomorrow with a bunch of guys but after that, we have nothing planned!

In other news, Adrienne has two teeth coming in. Unbelievable!! She's been gnawing on things but I just thought that she was way too young for teething. Boy was I wrong! The good news is that she seems completely unbothered by teething and unless I looked at her gums, I would have had no clue. What a good baby I have:-)

Alrighty, all of our laundry from our trip is done, folded, and out away and the house is clean. That means that it's time for a movie with my wonderful husband. I'm out!

No comments: