Thursday, September 3, 2009

Things Are Working Out!

I was extremely apprehensive about this big schedule change. I wasn't sure how the girls would do or how we would get by without John. Sure, it's been a little lonely and a bit isolating to not have him here, but ya know? We're getting through and we're really doing well!

I am so thankful that the girls have adjusted so perfectly! We've tweaked their naps just a little bit and all there have been no negative consequences, thankfully! Right now, our days look like this:

*Brooke wakes up between 8:30 and 9. If she gets up earlier than that, she comes to our bed to watch cartoons. Otherwise, we go downstairs and eat breakfast while John and Adrienne get a little bit more sleep.

*Brooke and I play together and get dressed until Adrienne wakes up. When she finally decides to get up for the day (which can be as late as 10 or 10:30), Brooke and I then give her a bath together.

*Adriene stays up long enough to have a bath, nurse, and to play on her playmat for about 30 minutes and then goes back down for 1.5-2
hours.

*I make us all a nice lunch everday and we eat at 12. Adrienne always wakes up right around then from her morning nap, which is great because then we all get to be together.

*At one, Brooke and Adrienne both go down for afternoon naps. This is our sared hour of the day because it's the one hour that John and I get to be alone while he's on this shift. We value the 1 o'clock hour VERY MUCH!

*John leaves for work around 2:30. Brooke usually wakes up just in time to see him off and Adrienne usually sleeps for a good while past that.

*Our evenings are almost always filled with a dinner invitiation from family, which is great, or by someone coming over. I like to be able to get out at least once a day!

*Both girls usually go down for bed around 8:30 (give or take) and the rest of the night is mine. I use that time to clean like crazy, mostly, and also I do my Bible study, take a shower, and do the laundry. I do get kind of lonely during this time but I try to just keep insanely busy. If John's isn't doing overtime, I always, always wait up for him so I have plenty of hours to fill.

I'm so thankful that this is all working out. It's definitely not ideal for our family, but it's nice to know that we can get through even when things are shaken up BIG TIME. Once I really feel settled in this schedule, John will get a new shift. Mark my words! Lol

No comments: