Saturday, September 5, 2009

Out of Touch

To be blatantly honest, I feel so out of touch with the world right now. I'm happy, I'm fulfilled, I love my life, and I wouldn't change it... But I'm starting to feel like that frumpy house-wife and NOT a 23-year-old young woman.

It's hard because I'm feeling so down on my self-image as of late. I bought all sorts of summer clothes for after Adrienne was born, assuming that I would need a little extra room, but because I've lost quite a bit of weight they ALL swim on me. I would buy new clothes but what's the point of wasting money on Capri pants and such when the warm weather will soon be over? I hate that feeling that my pants are going to fall off at any given moment!

My look these days is casual... If I have time to really fix my hair, that's a rarity. Most days it looks just so-so and when I look in the mirror, I'm not impressed by much. Everything about me is minimalistic and I've turned into to somebody so different than I ever thought I would be. I'm not complaining- I'm just remembering back to when I had different shoes and purses for every outfit, my hair was always in place, and lip gloss was a permanent fixture on my face. When you play with toys and wipe little bottoms all day, there's not really much to dress up for, now is there?

I would love to get all dolled up and beautiful, put on my nicest dress, and go out for a quiet, romantic evening with my husband but because Adrienne nurses so frequently right now, that will have to wait. I'm not complaining or wishing these days away (because I know that the time is way too fleeting as it is), but I do suppose that when we finally get out that it will feel like heaven.

John's working overtime tonight so maybe I'll go do something nice for ME now that the girls are down. Maybe a fresh coat of nail polish on the toenails will be enough to perk me up? We'll see!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

I've been feeling the same way about how I look too. Molly always looks great, and I always look....terrible, lol. I miss the days when I could take my time to make myself look presentable.

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

I totally know what you mean! Except the part about your pants falling off...I wish I had that problem!!! lol :0) Cheer up...maybe we need a girl's night?!?