Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

It's been a long couple of days. We have all be sick at one point or another (except for my precious Adrienne) and it's just getting OLD.

My dad has a new tradition with Nathan and Brooke on Wednesdays- He takes the two of them for a date. Most of the time they go to McDonald's and eat lunch and play for a long, long time but yesterday was supposed to be a special date to Chuck E. Cheese. For days on end all my daughter talked about was how she was going to Chuck E Cheese with Papa and Nathan and she was going to eat pizza, ride the horsey, and not be afraid. She was glowing with excitement. Well, yesterday morning her lofty plans of date day with Papa came to a screeching halt when she started throwing up:-( I just wanted to cry for her because I felt so bad. She threw up the first time and then we were snuggling up to watch Curious George. Of course, right on cue, a Chuck E. Cheese commercial came on and she said, "I'm going there today with Papa and Nathan!!" I had to burst her bubble and tell her that she wasn't going and she cried. I seriously had the hardest time not crying with her, too! She then threw up two more times within the hour, had a bath, and was 110 percent fine the rest of the day. Odd, huh? I can name several days where she has thrown up in the morning just to be fine the rest of the day. Morning sickness, maybe? Lol

I have been struggling very, very bad with my asthma and allergies lately. I've been waking up at night not being able to breathe and my lungs have been so tight that sometimes I'm not sure how I'll take the next breath. It's awful. I'm also horribly allergic to everything on the face of the planet so not only do I feel like garbage all day, but I'm up all night coughing, wheezing, sneezing, and blowing my nose. You would think that after being on a million different medications and inhalers and having weekly allergy injections would be enough but NO. I'm really run down and frustrated because I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate living like this. It's starting to really get the best of me! On top of that, I've had a perpetual nagging headache and my stomach has just been off. Fun times.

John has also had the same headache deal going on and he had to go back to work today. Vacation is officially over and his resumption of his normal schedule could not have come at a worse time for us, all things considered.

I pray that tomorrow will be much better because I'm ready to have a healthy, happy family again!!

No comments: