Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Diaper Debate

So, I've decided to rename my baby "Spike." The poor girl doesn't stand a chance of having her hair sit down. Her hair just constantly does it's own thing and it honestly looks like I spike her hair! Lol! It's so cute. I get so many comments about her hair when we're out and about. That's what big of a statement it makes!

My sister, who is a Pampers snob (Sorry Al!) had me believing that Pamper's Swaddlers are THE only diaper. However, I tried the new Huggies Cuddle Weave today and let me tell you, I'm in love. They just fit Brooke so much nicer and they are MUCH cuter. My mother-in-law has been buying us diapers since we found out I was pregnant, so I have tons of Pampers in Brooke's closet. I'm going to take them back pack by pack and get Huggies. Luckily my mother-in-law isn't the type to get offended over that kind of stuff, so I'm in the clear.

Here's my question? What do you do with a toddler all day long? Then again, what do you do with a preschooler all day long? Lately I've been worrying about the future when it comes to raising Brooke. Her being a baby is easy for me because I'm comfortable with it and I know what babies do. I'm excited to see her grown, but I do find myself wondering how a stay-at-home-mom fills her day when she has an older kid. Right now it's easy because I breastfeed her and play with her on her mat or just talk to her. Soon we'll have solid foods, then she'll walk and talk and crawl and do all kinds of things. I really hope that I can learn as I go about what to do with an older kid. This all sounds weird, but I just want to be an amazing mom. I'm sure my motherly instincts will take over as they have already.

I'm so excited for American Idol tonight. GO HOME BLAKE! I so want Jordin to win so if she goes, I'll be sad. Speaking of TV, I'm so sad that King of Queens is officially over. Man, I'm going to miss that show. No more fun times with Doug and Carrie Heffernan or Arthur:-( I think I might shed tears! Haha!

Well Brooke is sleeping so I'm off to be productive..

1 comment:

Alison said...

I am just so psyched that Swaddlers come in a bigger size! That's how much I love them! And since I'm just a plain Jane, I really love the all-white diaper. So clean looking...

And believe me. When Nathan was Brooke's age, I wondered how I would deal with an older baby. You just seem to grow and change with your baby. And it's so gradual that you hardly notice it happening.

If the last 3 months of motherhood show a glimpse of the mother you'll be in a few years, I KNOW you'll be great!