Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rude Awakening!

Hello everyone! We just got done taking our usual Sunday nap (which has been our tradition since I can remember) and I was woken up to a screaming baby. That is not the norm for her, so I picked her up and tried to comfort her, and low and behold, mouths full of throw up fell all over me and got into my face and hair because I was still laying down. I just had laugh. Of course once she puked, she smiled and giggled. Now I have my happy baby back! Hooray! I love that girl so much. She can puke on her mommy any day! :-)

Church was crazy today. Our worship leader (who is my sister's husband) and my sister were gone, so that left a HUGE gap in our worship team. I consider myself a pianist...NOT a singer, but today, I had to do both. It was not my favorite thing to do, but I know that it's what's in the heart that really matters after all. On top of that, John and I had nursery duty today, as well. I felt like I was running back and forth all morning. Busy, busy day!

The graduation went very well yesterday. Brooke was the perfect baby the whole entire time. She only cried once and that was to eat, but other than that, she sat there contently and just took things in. She was definitely distracting many people, though. Everyone was looking at her and commenting on her cuteness. That always makes me feel so proud! Overall, it was a success!

I have always been self-conscious about my lack of education. I wasn't insecure about it because of ME, but because so many people gave me hurtful comments when I decided not to go back to college. However, yesterday at the graduation, I realized that while college is a major achievement for those that complete it, that it's totally fine not to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my siblings, my brother-in-law, my husband, and others who went to college, but because it wasn't what God was calling me to do, then it's perfectly fine that I didn't go. It was weird, because I looked at the graduates and didn't envy their "higher education" or where they were in life. In the past, I always felt like I had to explain to people why I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom and why I didn't get an education. I don't know why, but yesterday being at the college with all these intelligent people made me realize that being home with my baby is far better than getting an education just for the sake of making everyone happy. It just goes to show that God knows what's best. He truly granted me the desire of my heart by allowing me to stay home with Brooke. When I made the decision not to go back to school, it was a very trying time in my life because so many people scrutinized and questioned my plans. Those people can go soak their heads as far as I'm concerned! I'm glad that I have finally gotten past my insecurities that I had had in the past. I don't know why I let the comments of a few ignorant know-it-alls bring me down in the first place!

Well, now that I'm done ranting and raving, I'm going to go do some housework. Fun times, huh? I can't stand anything to be out of place in my house. I'm just weird like that. Have a great, relaxing Sunday!

3 comments:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Being a stay at home mom is WONDERFUL and just for the record i think that you made the right choice! Only you can care for your children the way that they need it and Brooke is very fortunate to have you!! I, personally, admire your choice...never feel guilty about that at all. :0) Remember: following God's path is never very popular! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jillian! After I saw you at Sam's Club the other day and we didn't get to chat, I thought I wonder what she is up to now with her baby and everything? So I found the link to your blog through IM. Sorry I didn't leave a comment!! I didn't know that it was important to you! :) But, it was nice to see you and maybe hopefully we can chat sometime! I agree with you about the whole college thing...yes, I went/go to college, but that's because that is what God has for my life right now. God called you to be a mom b/c He knew you would be a great one!!!

alissa kay said...

ps...now i have one of these too!