Monday, May 14, 2007

Planting With My Little Puker

Today has been a very fun day! John had the day off (police officers never get normal days off!) so we were very productive.

We decided to get some flower plants to make our house look pretty, so off we went to Agway! Brooke screamed the whole time we were there, so finally I just took her out to the car and nursed her while John finished up. When we got home, John decided that Brooke should "learn to plant" so he put her little sun bonnet on her, plopped her in her bouncey seat, and outside they went. I stayed inside to make dinner and those 2 just had the greatest time out there. It was precious to listen to their deep conversations. Haha! When they came back in, he had somehow managed to get dirt on her face, but it didn't harm her and I figured that it's nothing a bath couldn't fix.

I was so excited because Brooke's annoying case of reflux seemed to disappear for about 3 days and I just knew she was growing out of it. However, it came back better than ever. It's crazy. The poor thing always smells like throw up and I give her baths and wash her up constantly. Not to mention, her clothes can never completely dodge her mass quantities of vomit, so we have been dirtying up extra loads of laundry lately. Poor little girl!

It's so funny because Brooke LOVES to be read to. I never knew a tiny baby could enjoy it, but she just lights up and talks the whole time I read. My mom signed her up for the Scholastic Book Club and I really look forward to getting more and more books. Yay! Being a mom is so much fun:-)

Well, my sister promised me that she would help me learn to post some pictures and make my blog more pretty. Hopefully I can make this more asthetically pleasing very soon!

I'm off to do some laundry... I'm rushing around to be all ready for the new episode of King of Queens. Gotta love that show! Have a good night!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

That's so sweet that they were planting flowers together! They seem to get a lot of good father-daughter time.

Enjoy the time with your precious family.

Mom and Daddy said...

You guys are very special and we are proud of you!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Aww! That is so cute...I'm sure she loved being outside! Not to mention she has the cutest sun bonnet ever! HaHa! I just love her...puke and all! :0)She's so adorable!